It is naturally cholesterol free, low in fat. These flakes are a nutritious for your body and are a great alternative to Old Fashioned Rolled Oats.
• Great source of fibre, containing both soluble and insoluble fibre. This high source of fibre means a healthy intestine and colon as this whole grain acts as a fuel source to the friendly bacteria in your stomach. A ½ cup of cooked pearl barley contains 3 grams of fibre.
• Improves digestion and helps with weight loss as it makes you feel fuller longer.
• Aids in the lowering of cardiovascular diseases as it helps to lower high cholesterol levels, it does this by inhibiting the bad cholesterol that can be absorbed by your intestine.
• Improves heart health by controlling the production and metabolism of cholesterol which prevents dangerous blood clotting and helps to control cardiovascular processes like heart rhythms
• Considered a smart grain for those who have diabetes as it helps to slow the rate at which sugar is released into the blood stream
Tip: Soak Barley Flakes in milk overnight for a creamier porridge or smoothie.